As mobility becomes mainstream in enterprises there is proliferation of mobile devices, applications and associated infrastructure like MAM and MDM. All these developments urges the need for a central control over mobility in the enterprise. This central control can be achieved through a Mobility Center of Excellence (MCoE)
The MCoE will handle from developing strategies, project deployment to developing best practices from past learnings. Roles, responsibilities, procedures, processes are clearly defined from the center.
The mobility center will not only capture learnings, best practices, templates, architectural and policy standards, but also will ensure mobility adoption within the enterprise.
Mobility Center of Excellence – Why?
- Best practices to be institutionalized for application development, implementation, security and governance
- Define standards, policies, vendor/technology selection criteria within the system
- Review, Evaluate, Approve mobility projects
- Maintain consistency of mobility tools used during development & deployment
- Post deployment consulting session to generate metrics on the deployment experience
A MCoE will allow mobile applications to be developed at lower cost with a centralized, federated model of operation. The center will help CIO’s and IT managers to automate key enterprise mobile management activities, mitigate security risks associated with data loss and ensure IT security compliance, reduce the cost of supporting enterprise mobility initiatives, and drive improvements in business productivity and competitiveness.