Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications have helped companies to streamline their business operations and business functions. ERP has the ability to create a centralized source of data by integrating a variety of enterprise operations and functions. In recent years, with the era of Intelligence, BI-enabled ERP systems have become the norm. BI-enabled ERP’s capability to provide organizations with advanced analytics, workflow automation, increasingly intelligent interfaces, and predictions is one of the key reasons that ERPs have been so widely adopted and are expected to continue their tremendous growth. According to the recent researches about the ERP software market, the results have shown that there would be a $40 billion value increase in 2020, which would reach almost $80 billion in 2026. When it comes to BI-enabled ERP system, the Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations or Dynamics 365 AX Solution is a clear winner.
What is Dynamics 365 AX solution?
The Dynamics AX was primarily an on-premise ERP solution that provided the core functionality any company needed to make smarter business decisions. Dynamics AX has been rebranded as the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. This new Dynamics 365 AX solution is available as a cloud or hybrid solution just like Microsoft Dynamics 365 – bringing the power, speed, and intelligence of cloud computing for organizations. Modules of the Dynamics 365 AX solution includes Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Manufacturing, Production, Logistics, Inventory Management, Purchasing Management, Quality Management, and Sales Management.
Dynamics AX vs. Dynamics 365 AX solution – What are the differences?
Dynamics AX and the new Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations are similar in many ways. However, there are a few notable differences between them. Some key differentiators are the infrastructure on which they both are deployed to their licensing options, integration capabilities, scalability, and development options. Among these, the deployment and interface are the most standout differentiators.
Technical changes in the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (AX) are –
- Leverages the power of Microsoft Cloud Computing to improve business process
- Customizable interface
- Improved user experience and encouraging collaboration with other users
- The application can be accessed and run from almost any device
- Since the Dynamics 365 apps are browser-based, users are no longer required to load up a program on their computer to access it
- Users can personalize their homepage with custom colors and default start pages
- Dynamics 365 apps can be extended by using third-party add-ons or extensions, which can be quickly installed and removed as needed.
Exceptional features of the Dynamics 365 AX solution
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for F & O (AX) can help you move away from the complexity and silos of traditional ERP systems. Dynamics 365 AX solution provides ERP capabilities within a single, cloud-based business application. All processes like the supply chain, financial information, sales and purchase orders, inventory, production, and distribution processes are seamlessly connected in a single application.
- Cloud-first Application: The Dynamics 365 AX is a cloud-first application. It is compatible with Microsoft cloud OS, windows server and Azure cloud platform. Dynamics 365 AX can be moved to any preferred Microsoft cloud products.
- Web-based Client: Unlike the earlier version of Dynamics AX, the new Microsoft Dynamics AX solution has been shifted to the web-based client instead of desktop to enable quick access to the application. This shift to the web-based client also allows the user to access the application without installing any other customized application.
- Great User-Experience: One of the major changes in the new AX solution is the interface. The Dynamics 365 AX solution interface is web-oriented and intuitive. It offers a clear end-to-end view of your business operations.
- Intelligent Operations: With the power of Business Intelligence (BI), it helps you to make effective business decisions with meaningful reports through the intelligent tool. This version of the Dynamics AX can help users with system-guided procedures to provide better quality services.
- Mobile access: Being rebranded as Dynamics 365 AX solution, the new solution is mobile-enabled. This not only improves accessibility but also allows for quick decision-making.
Say Hello to PreludeSys, the Digital Transformation engineers! With a 20-year track record of Microsoft Application Development and Legacy Modernization experience, we know what you need. The core of Digital Transformation is App, Modernization and we offer you a simple 3-step transformation process. Click here to schedule a call!