Every organization performs a variety of business process to achieve their respective business goals. Many of the business processes today are still manual in several organizations; thus, it takes up a lot of time and are error-prone. However, you can automate organizational workflows to make routine operations faster and cost-effective with Business Process Automation. Business Process Automation not only automates your organizational workflows but also streamlines the ongoing business processes from various sectors to be more efficient. The best-proven way to achieve this automation is to adopt an enterprise-class integration solution.
An average company uses more than 100 SaaS applications. With the numbers increasing Y-o-Y, over 80% of enterprise business operations leaders say integration is critical for ongoing business operations. It could well be the need for a digital transformation. For enhancing operational efficiency, or a complete redefinition of ecosystems, ‘enterprise integration’ is the solution.
Enterprise integration encompasses the technologies and processes that connect data, applications, and devices from anywhere in your IT organization. And the best tool for application integration is the enterprise integration solution, iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service). It is a smart Business Process Automation platform that enables you to seamlessly automate all your business processes, reduce IT complexity, and minimize overheads, better than any other solution.
iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service) – An Introduction
According to Gartner, iPaaS is an “integration functionality (secure B2B communications, data and message translation, and adapters for applications, data, and cloud APIs) delivered as a service.” iPaaS is a cloud-based platform that allows you to build integrations between cloud and on-premise applications and is a smart Business Process Automation platform. It will enable seamless integration of various business applications used by an organization, allowing the free flow of data across all business channels, and offers efficient automation.
Now that we know what an iPaaS is let’s explore some of the amazing benefits of iPaaS for Business Process Automation –
- iPaaS is a cloud-based infrastructure
- It requires little or no setup
- Comes with ready-to-use workflows or templates
- Users need minimal or no technical expertise to integrate applications seamlessly
- Quick and infinite scalability
- Easily track and monitor real-time and historical data
- Offers an efficient and seamless data and application integration
- Eliminates errors and reduces business costs
- Provides high data security
- Allows access of information under a single platform
Key considerations before Implementing an iPaaS solution
Though iPaaS can enable a sound Business Process Automation, you must decide on a plan that suits your organization and needs before connecting your data between multiple applications. Here are the four key considerations that you need before implementing iPaaS for successful enterprise integration strategies.
- Define the integration goals: Clearly rule out what do you want to achieve with the integration for clear enterprise integration strategies.
- Decide which kind of data you want to integrate: Once your integration goals are set, determining which kind of data you need to integrate is essential to decide which iPaaS to use.
- Discover where the data lives: After determining your data, find out in which applications are you collecting these.
- Decide how the data has to flow: Analyze the data flow need – be it one-way, two-way synchronization, or trigger action data pushes.
- Choose the right iPaaS solution: Once you have refined all these needs, you will be able to decide which iPaaS tool will work for you.
Choosing the right Enterprise Integration Strategies
Having all the key considerations alone does not help you succeed with the right iPaaS solution implementation. But, having the right integration strategy in place does. The best way to do is to create a strategy around your business that fits your business’s current and future needs.
Enterprise integration strategies are foundational enabling the successful implementation of the enterprise integration solutions. Ideally, a modern enterprise integration strategy consists of three basic components – application integration, data integration, and process integration. These are the components, which enable the creation of a complete framework that is supported by the on-premise and cloud infrastructures.
Talking about an enterprise integration strategy, more than 90% of organizations struggle with a traditional integration strategy because it does not support them to keep up with the changing digital business needs. In the current digitally disrupted world, enterprise integration is one of the key elements of digital initiatives.
You need to outline an enterprise integration strategy and create a road map that includes your enterprise’s culture, processes, architecture, as well as your long-term integration requirements, ongoing improvement approach, and metrics for measuring the enterprise application integration strategy.
At PreludeSys, we help you turn your integration challenges into real-time opportunities. We have an expert team who can understand your organizational needs and help you with curating the right enterprise integration strategy that fits your business needs. With our expertise in transforming business for our clients across industries, we can guide you through your entire enterprise integration journey. If you would like to know more about our iPaaS services, talk to our experts NOW!