Azure Microservices architecture has revolutionized the way applications are built these days and augments the complexity of processes and the massiveness of the data involved. For a long time, software developers have been using the traditional monolithic approach to build enterprise applications. But now, as technology evolves so rapidly and applications get more and more complex, the usage of the monolithic approach doesn’t hold water anymore. That is why more than 60% of enterprise-level software developers lean on Microservices for their development work.
What is Microservices?
Microservices is a software architecture in which applications are composed of small, independent modules (highly decoupled building blocks) that communicate with each other using well-defined API contracts. It is easier to build, expand, and scale with this architecture. The concept behind Microservices is that applications are simpler to develop and maintain when broken down into smaller pieces that can work seamlessly together. So, in the Microservices architecture, since the application is simpler and broken down into distinct, independent components, it is easier to test, understand, and maintain application builds.
Why use Microservices?
Here are some of the key benefits that Microservices architecture brings to application development.
- Build services independently: Since applications built on microservices architecture are a collection of highly decoupled services, the software development teams can individually manage the building, verifying, deploying, and monitoring each service.
- Responsibility: It can support the separation of responsibilities critical for building highly scaled applications without impacting the work of other developers working on the same overall application.
- Scalability: The distinct, independent services can be scaled based on the particular necessity without impacting the overall performance.
- Flexibility: As individual groups manage each independent service under the microservices architecture, the software developers gain the flexibility to use the best approach, language, platform, and programming model specifically for each service.
- Isolation: With the feature of Isolation and resilience, the software development team can build and deploy services without changing the whole application if one of the components fails.
- Faster production: As software development teams work under various independent modules, several groups can work under the same application at the same time quickly, which helps deliver value faster.
Azure Microservices architecture:
Azure Microservices architecture has been a favorite tool for developers without any doubts. By choosing Microservices in Azure, you can build better and faster. Azure Microservices can simplify your application lifecycle. It can help in developing secure and reliable applications on a compliance-certified platform with high scalability and flexibility. To learn more about how you can leverage Microsoft Azure for your business or about Azure Microservices architecture, get in touch with our team!!