Whether we are talking about your mails like Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook, or we are looking at enterprise-level engagement like hosting data or running applications on the cloud, cloud computing rules the roost. Cloud computing has dominated the technological ecosystem as the fastest adopted solution into the mainstream than any other technology. Azure Cloud, the Microsoft cloud platform, launched in 2010, is one of the most significant commercial cloud infrastructures with an ever-expanding set of cloud services.
What is Microsoft Azure Cloud?
Azure is Microsoft’s public cloud computing platform. This public cloud-computing platform can be used for services such as analytics, virtual computing, storage, networking, and much more. It is known to be the best public cloud in the market since it is fast, flexible, and affordable. It also supports many programming languages, frameworks, and tools, as well as third-party systems.
The Azure cloud offers services under the three broad categories – Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Software as a Service (SaaS)is software, which is deployed over the internet. According to Forrester, by 2022, SaaS solutions are estimated to increase more than $133 billion.
- Platform as A Service (PaaS)is a platform for the creation of software, delivered over the web. According to Forrester, PaaS is expected to generate revenue of $44 billion by 2021.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)is a way of delivering Cloud Computing infrastructure – servers, storage, network, and operating systems. IaaS is often based on virtualization techniques.
What can Azure Cloud do?
Powered by the worldwide network of Microsoft data centers across 22 regions, Microsoft has a growing record of Azure services, with more being added all the time. Azure offers more than 500+ services to offer us. Here are a few of the key service offerings –
- Cloud Services – With Azure cloud services, we can deliver applications as SaaS solutions to customers across the globe. The published APIs in Azure cloud services allows us to build enterprise applications onto Windows Azure, ensuring high availability and elastic scale.
- Website Services – Azure cloud enables speedy deployment of scalable websites with a broad range of different web application frameworks like ASP.NET, Node.js or other open-source applications.
- Media Services – There are features in Azure cloud that help you to create, manage, and distribute media in various devices ranging from Xbox, Mac iOS, and Android. It helps in content protection, content-encoding, streaming, and analytics.
- Mobile Services – Mobile Services include features that support the development and deployment of mobile applications along with services for API management, notification, and reporting.
- Virtual Machines – Virtual Machines provision infrastructure as needed and allow the running of Windows or Linux in the cloud. You can easily migrate workloads to the cloud without having to modify network configurations.
- Computational Services – Microsoft Azure allows us to launch general-purpose virtual machines in Microsoft Windows and Linux platforms. Its PaaS feature enables developers to publish and manage websites and apps with ease.
- Storage Services – This is Microsoft’s global infrastructure that provides highly safe and highly accessible data storage with massive storage capacity that is cost-effective as well. Azure Cloud allows data storage and access on the cloud by using the REST APIs and SMB protocols.
- Management Services – Automation features of Microsoft Azure cloud can enable easy management of complex, long-running, manual, and repeating activities in cloud and enterprise environments via Azure automation. Azure cloud provides software, which can be used by developers to integrate, orchestrate, and automate complex IT business processes.
- Application services – With Azure, it is easier to create and globally deploy applications that are compatible with all popular web and portable platforms. It is easier than ever to manage production, testing, and deployment of web applications that scale as quickly as your business.
Migrate to the best cloud-computing platform
With cloud computing at its zenith, migrating to a cloud architecture is of utmost importance. However, organizations that are yet contemplating migrating to cloud have their own doubts and questions related to budget, cloud security, availability, and potential downtime. As a fast, flexible, and affordable cloud platform with an infinite list of services, limitless capabilities, and exceptional features, Microsoft Azure is the number 1 choice as the best public cloud offering on the market. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, PreludeSys specializes in Digital Transformation Services utilizing Azure. To know more about our Digital Transformation Services, Talk to us.