Evolving customer expectations, rising need for agility in businesses and reliable & optimal use of Big Data and cloud-native technologies have resulted in the rise of Application Modernization solutions driving Digital Transformation across enterprises. Companies large and small are heavily investing in Legacy Modernization and other strategic digital solutions to enhance customer experiences, increase brand engagement and to drive bottom-line results. IDC estimates that the worldwide spending on Digital Transformation technologies would hit a staggering $1.3 Trillion in 2018. Furthermore, the Global Application Modernization Services Market size is expected to reach a whopping 7.7 billion by 2023, rising at a market growth of 18% CAGR. In this highly competitive era of Digital Transformation, here’s a quick guide on the revolutionary trends and the impact of App Modernization that will help you stay ahead in the digital game.
6 Reasons why Application Modernization could be a dreaded task for you [Challenges]…
- Aging Infrastructure – It is one major obstacle that get in the way of converting Legacy applications to future proof applications
- Lack of Agility – Complex App Modernization processes could last for months as legacy apps are most often vital to the company and migrating to a modernized platform could run the risk of operational hazards
- Legacy Systems – Legacy Systems may not work cohesively with the next-gen Mobile application technologies and therefore pose a major threat for the app developers and integrators
- Monolithic Design – Monolithic applications are individualistic and self-contained applications, which increase the complexities of modernizing or customizing the framework
- Data and App Security – Security is one of most primary concerns as organizations pursue application modernization. There have been a huge number of incidents where hackers have tried to hack into companies’ confidential data
- Technology know-how – Many organizations have not taken the initiative to Application Modernization as a result of not knowing the right strategic approach to modernization. This leaves them vulnerable to technology-fueled disruption
And yet… Here are Top Trends Driving Application Modernization
- Migrate/Modernize – App Modernization and Migration are radically transforming businesses by improving efficiency and productivity, reducing costs and elevating customer and employee experiences
- Legacy Modernization and Migration – provides a competitive advantage for enterprises by improving process efficiency and productivity, reducing costs, elevating customer experiences, enhancing employee engagement and beyond.
- Cloud Native/Optimized – Enterprises need to choose between developing Cloud native applications or moving their existing applications to cloud and optimizing them to drive down costs, improve efficiencies and deliver more value
- Low/No Code Platform – Businesses can take advantage of Low-code / No-code (LCNC) app development platforms that enables developers to slickly build applications using drag-and-drop tools
- Containers – Businesses are largely capitalizing on Application Containerization to move faster, increase productivity, deploy software efficiently and operate at an unprecedented scale
- Microservices – This unique method of Software development is hugely popular in recent years for its flexibility and scalability. This architecture also enables you to support an array of platforms including web, mobile, Internet of Things, wearables among the others.
- Mobility for LOB apps – Enterprises can harness the benefits of LOB applications to increase flexibility and mobility options for employees while enabling smoother testing and deployment with stronger security at lower costs
- RPA/Machine Learning/Analytics – Binding RPA with Machine Learning and Analytics gives you a truly competitive edge that can bring holistic Digital Transformation to your organization including people, processes and technologies
And Finally… The 5 Mantras you need to Chant for Successful Application Modernization…
Our 5 Step approach towards App Modernization
Our wide array of Application solutions includes Modernization of Legacy Applications, porting existing applications across technology and/or platforms, Enterprise portal solutions among others. The process of Application Modernization solutions involve strategic alignment of your application needs with your business objectives, Application Rollout assessment and Roadmap Enterprise Architecture / Platform strategy assessment, selection IT due diligence and integration, Applications development using .Net, Java and Open source technologies. Here’s PreludeSys’ unique 5 step approach towards App Modernization.
- Assess – Application Modernization Assessment – During this stage, we assess the core characteristics of the application including the lifecycle of the App, its complexity, Regulatory compliance, Architecture of existing apps among many others to determine the right approach to App Modernization.
- Migrate – Applications can be migrated from Legacy technologies to latest Microsoft .Net framework or Windows too .Net core for instance. The scope of migration ranges from porting of Legacy application software, Database Conversion, Web-Enabling or Turnkey Migration to a new OS or platform. Our Legacy Migration solutions are designed to deliver increased agility, security and productivity while driving down cost and minimizing disruption to business continuity.
- Rehost/Refactor – At this level of the project, we redeploy applications to a different hardware environment and change the application’s infrastructure configuration. This method of rehosting applications ensures faster cloud migration. Also, the decision to re-architect or re-host is made based on distinct requirements of the business to deliver true value to our clients.
- Rearchitect – Between Re-hosting and Re-architecting, we determine the right methodology to deploy based on the long-term impact of the migration. We recommend re-architecting for the fact that re-architected cloud-native applications more often supports future growth more effectively than applications that aren’t modified.
- Rebuild/Replace – We rebuild Cloud native applications that give you the agility and flexibility by delivering speed, scale and value – Speed to enable you to quickly meet your customer demands, scale to optimize your application resources and value to your business and to your clients.
Source: Microsoft Application Modernization Program
- Leading Manufacturing Company leverages PreludeSys’ expertise to reduce OpEx by 30% and increase app availability to 99.5%. Read Case Study
- Leading Healthcare giant partnered with PreludeSys to evaluate their Scheduler Application. Read Case Study
- A leader in Title Insurance and Property tax reporting partnered with PreludeSys to Modernize their Legacy App. Read Case Study
And if you need any help… we are there for you
We’d love to help you accelerate your Digital Transformation journey. Contact us now, and our team will visit your premises and prepare a Digital Transformation Assessment Report, absolutely FREE.