Just like the barren lands yearning for a thunderstorm, the classical Salesforce application also needed a storm that could transform the dry and boring UI. And thus the Lightning bolt strikes and brings the much needed impetus to the existing classical application with its eye-catchy and striking features.
Lightning has been in the market for some time now and most of the users haven’t really experienced the power of Lightning. I feel there is a sea change awaiting organizations who are willing to make that transition.
Let me start by talking about Salesforce Classic. The application was obviously dull and drab. It always was a challenge for the sales and marketing community to exploit the features of the application to the fullest. It was clear that it needed a makeover to gain maximum productivity. And, this is where Lightning marked its entry and it completely changed the outlook of the Salesforce application. It enhanced the end-user experience and it let the users achieve utmost efficiency. Salesforce Lightning ingredients include Lightning Experience, Lightning Design System, Lightning Components, plus Lightning App Builder. Essentially this technology is dedicated to providing aggregated sales related intelligence in the form of front-end dashboard productivity and decision-making reporting tools — with associated controls to target sales, manage accounts, collaborate and drive the sales process.
- Lightning Experience: This element promised the users a ‘consumer-like experience’ across every device. Relevant information is ‘surfaced’ for each screen, while streamlining processes and workflows.
- Lightning Design System: This is the part where the firm provides principles for building apps with the Salesforce design language that supports multiple devices, browsers and operating systems.
- Lightning App Builder: This is where ‘any user’ can start to build apps using the drag-and-drop visual interface of Lightning Components.
Lightning UI offered sleek visuals, customizable homepage, smart views that apply analytics, dynamic dashboards, and drag-and-drop features. Some of the remarkable features of lightning are –
- Activity Feed: The users will want to know two things, what just happened in an account and what they need to do next. The Activity Feed does just that.
- Contextual Hovers: You can now see everything going on with a customer without going to different pages in the application.
- Opportunity Board: This new feature gives you the complete picture across all of your deals. You can drag-and-drop deals from stage to stage like digital sticky notes.
- Customizable Dashboards: Dashboards are available with more than three columns — in fact you can have up to nine. This was one of the top-most requested customer features on IdeaExchange.
- Infographics: Sales reps who use reports can easily create and filter visually appealing charts or graphs.
The users switching over to lightning instantly embraced and loved the feature-rich and fast interface, thus improving employee engagement and compliance by a whopping 60%. The new UI instantly increased the productivity of companies by 20% and are expected to rise further. Lightning surely is something! Its high time companies using classical Salesforce application move to lightning. It brings in high yield and gives high–end experience that businesses need.
At PreludeSys, we have helped many organizations to seamlessly transition from their Classic Salesforce environment to Salesforce Lightning. The feedback from our clients every time has been euphoric as they experienced manifold improvement in performance, engagement, and revenue. They have all without exception experienced a paradigm shift of their business universe. If you are pondering over whether or not to make your switch or wondering how to go about it, then my advice is “Just do it!”
Author: Nisha Verghese, PreludeSys Marketing Team